5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel Press Kit
It's the first ever chess variant with spatial, temporal, and parallel dimensions. It's 5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel ! Move pieces back in time to create branching timelines. Send a rook to a parallel dimension. Protect your kings in the present and in the past!
5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel was developed by Conor Petersen, under his company Thunkspace, LLC.
Title: 5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel
Release Date (Windows) (Steam and Humble): July 22nd 2020
Release Date (Linux/Mac) (Steam and Humble): August 29nd 2020
Official Website: www.5dchesswithmultiversetimetravel.com
Community Discord: www.5dchesswithmultiversetimetravel.com/discord
Thunkspace Mailing List: Mailing List
Steam Store Page: Steam Page
Humble Standalone Page: Humble Page
What is it?
5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel is the first chess variant with spatial, temporal, and parallel dimensions. The game is a feature-rich client for this new type of chess. It is meant to introduce you to the game, teach you the game, test your new skills, and then offer a meaninful challenge for players at any level of experience.
Multiverse Time Travel is a type of time travel that avoids paradoxes by using multiple branching timelines rather than causal loops.
- Move pieces back in time to create a branch in the timeline.
- Move pieces between timelines to create overwhelming attacks on specific timelines.
- Protect your kings in the past and in the present. You might be in check four turns ago!
Polish and Style
The interface of the game is designed to be as instructive and intuitive as possible. There are multiple views to help you visualize your available moves or see how you're in check. Every past move is visible at all times, with highlights and arrows to help you keep track of what has happened. The interface is very forgiving as well. You can undo multiple moves (as long as you haven't ended your turn), or try out moves just to see what they would do.
- Puzzle mode. The game has a collection of multiverse chess puzzles. These puzzles are meant to teach you tactics and strategies for defeating your opponents via time travel.
- Practice mode. Play against yourself and explore strategies. Or, play local matches against another person.
- CPU mode. Play against four distinct AI personalities, with a range of difficulties. Each AI was designed with a specific experience level in mind, so new players can get useful practice, and experienced players can get a real challenge.
- Online mode. Challenge your friends or play against strangers online.
- Each versus mode can be played from many starting configurations (6x6 board, etc)
- There is also a very comprehensive written ruleset.
Chess Pieces by Colin M.L. Burnett and others / BSD License / Source